Thursday, June 9, 2011

Our Garden--A Journey of Hard Work and Sweat


To begin this blog, I have to take you back a several months. Last spring/summer, we only had one garden bed. We wanted more, but didn't have time to get them in before we needed to plant. So, last fall, we set to work building and filling beds, and spreading gravel around the beds. Here is the photo journey:


I didn't realize how sad this looked until just now!

The mountain of dirt!

The even heavier mountain of gravel! And did I mention that Weldon and I moved all of this ourselves? Well, a friend took the last of the dirt that we didn't need, but other than that...


We put weed block down first, then the gravel. A lot of work at the time, but it has really paid off! We've only had to pull weeds in one little corner of the walkway so far.

This is the most completed picture I have from last fall. We did more, as you will see in this year's pictures.

And I have to throw this in for grins! Cora was 10 months old, and eating dirt, something her big sister never would have done!

No comments:

Post a Comment